Live Retreat @ Zen Rocks Mani
BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program (500hr) at Zen Rocks Retreat
A program of BASI Pilates Greece & NYSY Academy
The BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teacher Training Program consists of 12 modules.
Upon completion of all 12 modules, students are eligible to pursue a Comprehensive Pilates teaching certificate.
Primary concepts covered include the 10 movement principles of the Pilates method, an overview of the pelvic region, Pilates breathing, a historical overview of Pilates, the BASI approach, and the importance of safety when teaching Pilates. In addition, the repertoire includes fundamental Mat and Reformer exercises.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
Primary concepts covered include an anatomy and terminology overview: major bones, muscles, joints, bony landmarks, and center of gravity. In addition, the importance and practice of cueing are discussed. Repertoire covers fundamental Reformer, intermediate Mat, Pole, and Ped-a-Pul.
Includes a one-hour Mat class
Primary concepts covered include the BASI system of movement analysis, exercise physiology, and aerobic/anaerobic exercise. The BASI format of teaching is discussed and the BASI Pilates® Block System, created by Rael Isacowitz, is introduced. Repertoire taught is intermediate Mat, Reformer and exercises with Leg Weights.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
The primary concepts covered are the principles of alignment and posture assessment. Discussion includes exercise as a tool for assessment. Repertoire taught includes intermediate through advanced Mat, intermediate Reformer, and fundamental Cadillac.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
Primary concepts covered are core strength and the relationship of the various muscle groups that make up the core, focusing on the abdominals and the back extensors. Contraindications, effective exercises, and the importance of understanding your client’s needs and body type are discussed. Also addressed are the role of the teacher and the importance of flow in a session. Repertoire taught includes advanced Mat, intermediate Reformer, and Arm Chair.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
Primary concepts include an in-depth look into exercise adaptation and the use of assists and modifications. The lecture focuses on how to construct a complete and comprehensive program. Repertoire taught is advanced Mat, intermediate Reformer, fundamental Wunda Chair, and Magic Circle. A general review of the repertoire is conducted and the online Written Examination is available at the end of the program.
Includes a one-hour Mat class.
Primary concepts covered include the meaning of balance and the implications of imbalances in strength and flexibility. Lecture focuses on functional exercises, movement patterns, neuromuscular re-education, and muscle testing. Repertoire taught includes intermediate and advanced Reformer, Wunda Chair, and Cadillac.
Primary concepts covered include the hip joint, the knee joint, and the ankle-foot complex. The gait cycle is discussed and analyzed. Repertoire taught is intermediate Reformer, Wunda Chair, and Cadillac.
Primary concepts covered are the structure and function of the shoulder region, the shoulder joint, muscles of the shoulder, and the importance of correct shoulder mechanics. The lecture includes how to work with clients with shoulder problems and recognizing the scope of practice. Repertoire taught is intermediate Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair, and an introduction to the Ladder Barrel and Spine Corrector.
Primary concepts covered include the principles of training, such as overload, specificity, and reversibility. Components of physical fitness are addressed and analyzed. The lecture includes repertoire levels and how they relate to working with a broad range of clientele. Repertoire taught is advanced Reformer, Wunda Chair, and Cadillac.
Primary concepts covered are habitual movement patterns, cross-training, imbalances, and setting goals. The athletic population is looked at closely. The lecture focuses on teaching methodologies. Repertoire taught includes intermediate- and advanced-level work on both Ladder Barrel and Spine Corrector.
Primary concepts covered are based on populations with restrictions and an in-depth look at pregnancy guidelines. The lecture includes teaching men and women different body types, as well as objectives and approaches. A general review of the repertoire is conducted, and the Final Written Exam is available to students online after completion of the Graduate Program.
To receive a BASI Pilates Comprehensive Teaching Certificate, students must complete the following graduation requirements. You will be able to find a BASI Studio in your country to complete your practice and observation hours. And to arrange to take your exams with our host studio in Athens, or in a BASIstudio near you.
Attend all Modules
Pass all online written exams
Complete a minimum of 100 Observation hours
Complete a minimum of 200 Self-Practice hours
Complete a minimum of 200 Student Teaching hours
Pass the final practical exam
Pass final teaching evaluation
Submit and receive a passing grade on student term paper
The final practical exam and final teaching evaluation are conducted during the next program run at your Host Studio location or during any program held at any Host Studio location worldwide.
Additional testing fees apply (See Tuition and Fees for more information).
Students are encouraged to begin their student hours as soon as they begin the program. Up to 50% of Observation hours may be completed via BASI Interactive.
BASI Pilates Comprehensive TT
(Equipment only, after you have completed the Basi Mat TT anywhere in the world)
November 13–21, 2023
7:15 - 8:00
Optional Meditation or Walk in Nature
Morning Tea, fruit, light snack
8:30 - 12:30
BASI Pilates Teacher Training, 1 Module
Sumptuous Fresh Vegetarian Brunch
Free time: Rest, Swim, enjoy a massage session
Options for extra Yoga or Pilates private Sessions.
16:00 - 17:15
Option: Student practice & teaching
17:30 - 19:30
BASI Pilates Teacher Training
Dinner & enjoying the sunset
21:00 - 22:00
Extra Options: Restorative Yoga Nidra/ Deep Relaxation or Q&A
5-6pm (not before 3pm please)
6 or 6.30pm Welcome circle… Easy introduction practice, dinner, and early bed time.
Normally after brunch… Latest by noon…
Sometimes we may have to ask for an early room check out by 10.00—11.00am
Previous Pilates practice is a plus. Dedication in this path of learning is essential.
Previous teaching experience especially in movement a great plus.
If you are an experienced movement practitioner even in other modalities like yoga, fitness, dance, you would be able to follow this rigorous fun and strengthening, therapeutic training.
Acceptance of your application
Payment of Fees
For more information/registration contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BASI Pilates Program
Equipment Only 18 - 26:
8 Nights, all inclusive
Staying less than 8 nights: Possible, Subject to Availability, cost per person estimated on prorated basis.
Note 1: You can arrive a stay early and stay on the last night to enjoy relaxing and adjusting, with an extra charge for the extra nights.
Note 2: It is possible to stay elsewhere and attend register for the program only.
1,400€ (the room has to be guaranteed for 3 guests to get this rate)
1,800€ (the room has to be guaranteed for 2 guests to get this rate)
In a shared Glamping Tent
1,200€ (only one unit available at Nikolaos)
upon request (subject to availability)
Accommodations, 5 nights
BASI Pilates Mat Course, BASI Pilates Comprehensive Course
Access to Online Anatomy Course @NYSY Academy or BASI Pilates Greece
Pilates classes & optional meditation
Τwo delicious vegetarian meals a day (brunch and dinner) and Morning Tea
All Pilates Mat/Yoga equipment and accessories
Thank you for all your time, wisdom, and investment into us as students. We have truly learned from the best. I’m excited to go forward knowing we have been well educated and prepared. A million thank you!
I totally understand why BASI teachers love and follow the way it is structured. It is truly meditation in movement and I am now totally hooked.
To see all these beautiful people, to be together, to move together, to learn together, I’m so happy that I was there.
I just wanted to thank you for being a truly fantastic instructor. Your certification demanded the best from me, which in turn thoroughly prepared me to be a successful teacher. I find myself utilizing your cues and corrections on a daily basis.
All our retreats aim to create a nurturing and welcoming environment for all levels of practice and all student needs. All programs offer the opportunity for a dose of daily good exercise through yoga or pilates, walks in nature and/or swimming in the sea, and both restorative and meditation practice. A weekly program offers a complete experience of well-being. Our teachers are highly experienced and skilled. If a program seems enticing to you, it is probably the one you need. Make a bold step and trust it: Go for it!
Absolutely! Our friendly staff and group of guests/friends will make you feel right at home. Surrounded by good company, with space to be on your own, according to your needs and wishes.
Yes. As long as one understands and respects the philosophy of Zen Rocks, your partner can join in the daily activities, or feel free to relax and follow their own schedule. Your friend or partner will feel warmly welcome at Zen Rocks.
Book early, as soon as you know the retreat you are interested in, and your schedule. Click here to send us your questions or to register. Link: REGISTER
We would be happy to help arrange your transfer from Athens or Kalamata to Zen Rocks.The retreat is located about 30 minutes south of the city of Kalamata, in a quiet olive grove amidst sea and blue skies. The closest village to us is Kalianeika, about one kilometer from us. There is airport access both from Athens Airport (3 hours from ZR) and from Kalamata Airport (30-40min from ZR).
-Flights to Athens International Airport (ATH) and transportation to Zen Rocks
All major airlines fly to Athens international airport, called Eleftherios Venizelos. Zen Rocks is about a 2.5-3 hours’ drive from Athens. We can arrange a private transport for you and/ or your group or you can rent a car to drive yourself to Zen Rocks. The ride is beautiful, and you can enjoy a direct ride along the new Athens-Kalamata highway, or you can make stops in places like the sites of Ancient Mycenae, Ancient Nemea, the city of Nafplion, and the town of Kalamata.
-Flights to/from Kalamata (KLX)
More and more there are direct and/or charter flights to the small airport of Kalamata from different European cities. Also, new 30 minutes flights have just started from Athens to Kalamata regional airport are very reasonably priced if booked well in advance.
Alternatively, you can fly to Kalamata from the northern Greek town of Thessaloniki.
-Transportation options while in Greece
The way to reach Zen Rocks is either with our luxurious Mini Van for 8 people or by renting a car from Athens or Kalamata and drive around on your own. Our office can assist you with your car rental reservation. Or you can make your booking directly. During your stay at Zen Rocks our minivan is available for hire along with an experienced driver. The rates for transfers with our minivan are in the attached document titled: ZenRocksRates.
Allow us to book your transfer from Athens or Kalamata. Simply email us at: email@example.com
The retreat is located about 30 minutes South of the city of Kalamata, in a quiet olive grove amidst the sea and blue skies. The closest village to us is Kallianeika.
1. Drive on the new freeway from Athens to Kalamata, and be prepared to stop frequently for tolls. Expect to pay around 15€ each way. It may take you 2-2.5 hours to reach Kalamata.
2. Stay on the freeway and exit Kalamata heading towards Areopolis and Kitries. After the freeway ends, you will pass Lidl, and a café called Cosi on the right, and then the road forks and you see a road sign. At this point you have the option of heading up towards the mountain towards Areopolis and Kardamyli, or taking a right towards the sea and Kitries. You can reach us either way. We are giving you directions through the coastal road here, as it may be easier to find our location this way.
3. Take a right towards Kitries and drive down the coast for about 10-15 minutes. Right as you approach Kitries, the road goes uphill. There is a big retaining wall right in front of you, causing you to almost stop. You see a road sign for Doloi.
4. Make a sharp left up the mountain towards Doloi.
5. Drive for 5 minutes until you reach the village of Kalianeika.
6. When you reach Kalianeika, stop in front of the church and set your odometer to 0.
7. Drive for one kilometer, and you will come to switch back turn where you will see a fence with big cacti and a huge rock. You are getting close.
8. Immediately afterwards, you see a second switch back turn and a couple small signs for Zen Rocks. At this point leave the asphalt road and enter a smaller cement farm road. Drive 200 meters on cement, and then another 400 meters of dirt road. At this point you will see the electrical posts and a cement road up on your left. This is our private drive way to Zen Rocks.
(Attention: our drive way is the SECOND paved road you see on your left. Do not take the first one, right where the cement ends… wait till you drive the extra 400 meters of dirt and pebble road and you come across the electrical wires and big posts… at this point you will also notice that the farm road you are on is covered with the cement of our paved drive way.)
9. Go left on our cement road. It is a sharp incline. Come up on first gear and full throttle. Small cars will do fine if you know how to drive fearlessly.
10. Welcome to Zen Rocks.
As Zen master Thich Nhat Hahn says: YOU HAVE ARRIVED!
Το Zen Rocks Mani βρίσκεται σε απόσταση περίπου 30 λεπτών Νότια από τη πόλη της Καλαμάτας, ανάμεσα σε ήσυχους ελαιώνες, τον ουρανό και τη θάλασσα! Το κοντινότερο χωριό είναι τα Καλλιανέικα.
1. Πάρτε τη νέα εθνική οδό απο την Αθήνα προς τη Καλαμάτα οπου θα χρειαστεί να σταματήσετε συχνά σε σταθμούς διοδίων. Υπολογείστε οτι το συνολικό κόστος των διοδίων θα ειναι 15€ η διαδρομή. Η απόσταση ειναι περιπου 2-2.5 ώρες απο την Αθήνα μέχρι να φτάσετε στη Καλαμάτα.
2. Μείνετε στην εθνική οδό και βγείτε στην έξοδο της Καλαμάτας με κατεύθυνσή προς Αρεόπολη και Κιτριές. Όταν τελειώσει η εθνική οδός, θα συναντήσετε ένα σούπερ μάρκετ Lidl και μια καφετέρια στα δεξιά σας που ονομάζεται Cosi. Σε εκείνο το σημείο ο δρόμος χωρίζεται και θα δείτε μια πινακίδα. Σε αυτό ακριβώς το σημείο, έχετε την επιλογή είτε να συνεχίσετε προς το βουνό με κατεύθυνση προς Αρεόπολη και Καρδαμύλη είτε να πάρετε το δρόμοι που είναι στα δεξιά σας που πάει μέσω του παραλιακού δρόμου στις Κιτριές. Όποιο δρόμο και να πάρετε μπορείτε να έρθετε στο Zen Rocks Mani. Εμείς παρακάτω σας δίνουμε οδηγίες από το παραλιακό δρόμο μιας και θεωρούμε ότι είναι ο πιο εύκολος δρόμος για να έρθετε.
3. Κάνετε δεξιά προς Κιτριές και οδηγείτε στο παραλιακό δρόμο για περίπου 10-15 λεπτά. Στο σημείο που έχετε φτάσει σχεδό στις Κιτριές, ο δρόμος έχει μια ανηφόρα. Στο σημείο αυτό υπάρχει ένας μεγάλος τοίχος μπροστά σας που σας αναγκάζει σχεδόν να σταματήσετε. Εκεί βλέπετε μια πινακίδα προς Δολούς.
4. Εκεί αριστερά προς το βουνό με κατεύθυνση προς Δολούς.
5. Οδηγείστε προς τα επάνω αυτόν τον δρόμο με τις στροφές, για 5 λεπτά μέχρι να βρείτε το χωριό Καλιανέϊκα.
6. Όταν φτάσετε στα Καλιανέϊκα, σταματήστε μπροστά από την εκκλησία και ρυθμίστε το μετρητή χιλιομέτρων σας στο 0.
7. Οδηγείστε για 1 χιλιόμετρο και θα δείτε μια στροφή φουρκέτα, η οποία σας φέρνει προς τα δεξια. Εκεί θα δείτε ένα φράχτη με μεγάλους κάκτους και ένα τεράστιο βράχο. Πλησιάζετε!
8. Αμέσως μετά βλέπετε μια ακόμα στροφή φουρκέτα που στρίβει τον δρόμο προς τα αριστερά. Θα δείτε δύο μικρές πινακίδες για το Zen Rocks. Σε αυτό το σημείο αφήνετε το ασφαλτοστρωμένο δρόμο και μπαίνετε προς τα δεξιά σε έναν μικρό αγροτικό δρόμο από τσιμέντο.Οδηγείστε για 200 μέτρα στο τσιμεντένιο επαρχιακό δρόμο και άλλα 400 μέτρα σε χωματόδρομο. Ακολουθήστε τις πινακίδες για να μην μπείτε στον ελαιώνα που είναι πριν από εμάς. Περιμένετε να δείτε το σημείο με την πινακίδα του Zen Rocks να δείχνει τον ανηφορικό ιδιωτικό τσιμεντένιο δρόμο στα αριστερά σας. Είναι που θα σας φέρει στο κατάλυμα.
Σε αυτό το σημείο και μόνο θα δείτε και τους στύλους της ΔΕΗ να ανεβαίνουν προς τα πάνω.
9. Κάντε αριστερά σε αυτόν τον τσιμεντένιο δρόμο. Έχει έντονη ανηφορική κλίση, οπότε βάλτε πρώτη ταχύτητα για να ανεβείτε. Ακόμα και μικρά αυτοκίνητα ανεβαίνουν άνετα. Είναι λίγο σα να ανεβαίνετε ίσια πάνω στον ουρανό, στα σύννεφα… Απογειώνεστε λοιπόν.
10. 5 Δευτερόπτα μετά: Καλώς ορίσατε στο Zen Rocks Mani. Χαλαρώστε και απολαύστε τη διαμονή σας!
Όπως λέει και ο δάσκαλος του Ζεν Thich Nhat Hahn: You have arrived! Pause. Enjoy!
Let us know about your needs and preferences and we can pre-arrange the perfect nurturing massage or related therapy session for you.